Harish Solanki, Maru's brother-in-law, alleged that a ward boy asked the victim to go inside with the cylinder.
A man in India has died after being sucked into an MRI machine at a hospital while visiting a sick relative.
He had gone to the hospital along with his sister's mother-in-law, Laxmibai Solanki, who was to undergo an MRI scan at the hospital. Since the machine was on, the strong magnetic field of MRI scanner sucked Maru in and he got trapped between the oxygen cylinder he was holding and the MRI machine.
Relatives of Rajesh Maru, 32, blame the staff for their "massive negligence" in the matter.
"As soon as Rajesh entered with the cylinder, it turned out that the machine was on", Mr Solanki said.
Anyone wearing anything metal, such as necklaces, zippers or even people with metal implants, are normally told not to enter an MRI studio. He said,
"An FIR was filed and an enquiry committee has been set up, which will give a report in a week's time."
"When we told him that metallic things aren't allowed inside an MRI room, he said 'sab chalta hai, hamara roz ka kaam hai' (it's okay, we do it every day)".
Mr Maru was rushed to the emergency room where he died 10 minutes later. His hand got stuck between the tank and the machine. In April 2017, the Boston Globe reported on a potentially scary incident from 2016, when a patient at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston was sucked towards a MRI machine while still strapped to a bed. Hospital attendant at MRI room said that the MRI machine was not switched on, but he could go in. Rajesh's post-mortem was conducted at JJ Hospital and the report suggests that he died due to pneumothorax, an abnormal collection of air in the pleural space between the lung and the chest. The hospital authorities have also handed over the CCTV footage of the incident to the police.
Maru was unmarried and the only earning member in the family; his senior citizen parents were speechless after the incident.
Announcing the compensation, BJP MLA Mangal Prabhat Lodha said the three employees had been suspended and an inquiry has been initiated against them by the hospital.