ATP Brisbane Dimitrov saves 2 MP's to pass Millman. Edmund tops Chung

The quarterfinal field was wrapped up at the Brisbane International on Thursday, but not before the defending champion very almost joined six other seeded players on the sidelines.

Millman revealed he had been savaged by social media trolls after being unable to put Dimitrov away in a tense second-set tiebreak.

"If I can stay injury-free, I know that I can compete at a very high level".

After Dimitrov got the best of Edmund during a rally, Edmund went down, holding his ankle in agony.

While the crowd held their breath, fearing the 22-year-old Englishman had done some major damage, Dimitrov hurdled the net and ran to his opponent, eventually helping him hobble off court.

Grigor Dimitrov reached the semi-finals of the Brisbane International while Elina Svitolina advanced to the finals on Friday.

I just want to see tennis not only as, you know, my sport, my passion, my love, but it's something that obviously I've proven myself as a player, as a top player, and won big titles. "I probably said it in 2013, and said it probably in 2015, and now I'm saying it again in 2018".

But in the same time, I'm just very pleased the way I played on those key points and especially on the match points.

Speaking after the match, Kyrgios said of his poor start: "As bad as it is to say, it's kind of like a tap". I mean, I've seen him play quite a few times out here, and playing really aggressive, striking the ball awesome, and it was no less tonight. "I really hope he gets better".

Kyrgios was joined in the last four by fellow Australian Alex De Minaur as the teenager followed up his win over Milos Raonic by beating American qualifier Michael Mmoh 6-4 6-0.

Dimitrov prevailed on that occasion but will be disadvantaged this time, having played two late-finishing three-set matches on consecutive nights while Kyrgios benefits from a much more forgiving schedule.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Patriots deny report of quarterback tension
Jan 06, 2018 - 04:12
The surprising trade that took place just ahead of the National Football League trade deadline came out of nowhere. There was also a suggestion that Brady, not Garoppolo was the quarterback Belichick planned to move on from.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Mad Catz Rise From The Ashes as Legendary Gaming Peripheral Brand Returns
Jan 06, 2018 - 04:02
The company's assets were purchased by a Chinese holding company made up of folks that handled the brand's manufacturing in China. " Mad Catz has been a permanent fixture in gaming for nearly three decades and we firmly believe it's best days lie ahead".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots add up to one billion dollars
Jan 06, 2018 - 02:54
No one has hit the Mega Millions jackpot since October 13, 2017, while Powerball has not had a jackpot victor since October 25. The cost of a ticket was $1 and every time the game restarted, the jackpot was reset to $15 million.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Justice Department Reopens Investigations Into Clinton Foundation, Political Favors for Donations
Jan 05, 2018 - 14:45
Photo Hillary Clinton and her longtime aide Huma Abedin on the campaign plane in October 2016 in White Plains, N.Y., during her bid for the presidency.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Caitlyn Jenner: 'I don't see love in my future'
Jan 05, 2018 - 14:45
To be honest, I don't talk to them anymore. " Caitlyn has always been around in my life but she always lived inside". When the TV host asked if that was because the I Am Cait star didn't trust them, she didn't hold back.

LG HU80KA 4K Projector Stands Upright
Jan 05, 2018 - 14:42
In fact, LG claims the ease with which the HU80KA projector can be used and installed happens to be the biggest USP of the device. According to LG, the new UHD projector , called the HU80KA is approximately half the size of a now available 4K projector.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top North Korea Accidentally Hit Its Own City In Missile Test, Report Says
Jan 05, 2018 - 14:12
The Hwasong-15 intercontinental ballistic missile was launched eastward from Pyongsong in North Korea's South Pyongan Province. It failed to reach heights of 70km before it caused a large explosion, and it is not known if there was any loss of life.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Khloe Kardashian: this is what I'm naming my son
Jan 05, 2018 - 13:54
See a list of celebrities who posed naked and pregnant for magazines and more scandalous nude celeb baby bump photos. I don't know what you're talking about. 'He was out of the country and we wanted to tell everyone together.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top At least 12 injured after fire breaks out at Bronx building
Jan 03, 2018 - 02:13
Over 20 fire extinguishing vehicles and more than 100 firefighters are trying to extinguish the blaze. On the frigid morning, firefighters were battling not only the flames but the cold as well.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Beatrix von Storch called Muslim men 'barbaric and gang-raping'.
Jan 03, 2018 - 02:11
Having started off her career as a banker, von Storch went on to become a lawyer before entering politics. Von Storch was among its first victims. "Why does an official police site tweet in Arabic", she wrote.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Premiere Date For Season 2 Of A Series of Unfortunate Events
Jan 03, 2018 - 02:11
Netflix's Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events: Season 2 TV show teaser trailer stars Neil Patrick Harris . In the show, based on the books of the same title, Neil Patrick Harris plays Count Olaf.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Spotify faces $1.6 billion lawsuit from music publisher alleging copyright infringement
Jan 03, 2018 - 02:08
Copyright Act by failing to send "notice of intention" to reproduce their music online. It's not the first legal hurdle Spotify has faced.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Mitt Romney likely to run for Orrin Hatch's Senate seat, source says
Jan 03, 2018 - 02:05
Romney intends to make his intentions known in a matter of weeks, according to an adviser who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney thanked Hatch for his service in a statement posted to his Facebook page.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Amb. Nikki Haley Speaks Out on International Incidents
Jan 03, 2018 - 02:04
The people are crying out for freedom. "The global community has a role to play on this", Haley urged. At least 21 people have died as a result of the protests.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top A flight from New Zealand made it — Travel story
Jan 03, 2018 - 02:01
But it was thanks to a 10-minute delay that this feat of technical time-travel was made possible, reveals Mashable. Initially, the Auckland flight was scheduled to land in Honolulu five minutes before the time changed.